Being Carly, MDW

Our Engagement Pictures

I got an email from the Roots today and they sent us some of the pictures they took when we met up with them in Orlando! We are so completely blessed to have them as friends. Most people have their engagement pictures taken by a friend who happens to have a camera, but we have a whole stack of shots from two friends who happen to have great cameras and a WHOLE LOT of talent! When we first decided to go to WDW in August, I knew I wanted to spend some time with Nathan and Jensey so that I could get a better idea of how it would be to work with them on our wedding day. Plus, Jensey always has great tips and advice for my bridal dilemmas, so I wanted to catch up with her and thank her for all of her help. Little did we know that our little “hang out” session would turn into all-out fun at the Magic Kingdom!

Nathan and Jensey did us an AMAZING favor by taking pictures of us in the park – free of charge! Not only did we have a great time with them, we’ll have these memories of our honeymoon forever! Look at how cute they made us look! I cannot believe we have such lovely + talented friends. You can see the rest of the pictures here.

• Reply Jensey!

YAY! I love the ones you picked!! I’m so happy you love them, Carly.

I think that last one is my favorite, though. 🙂 I can’t wait to see how the invitations turn out!

August 15, 2008 at 12:06 pm
  • Reply thatdisneygirl

You don’t even know, Jensey. LOVE them.

August 15, 2008 at 12:11 pm
  • Reply Kary

Carly:
    your pics are wonderful!!! you two look great and so in love, Kyle looks so cute!! but he forgot a disney shirt, or even the ears!! it would have been funny! Im a devoted reader of your blog and I almost cry when i saw this pics.. I really was watting for them! I love all the work of the Roofs! congrat!
    From Guadalajara, Mexico.. Kary

August 16, 2008 at 10:59 pm
  • Reply The Ogdens

Carly…these pictures are just beautiful! You can’t use them all? I can’t pick a favorite becasue I like them all. I really like the very last one. You are going to make a beautiful bride. I can’t believe I’m going to miss it!

August 17, 2008 at 2:42 am
  • Reply thatdisneygirl

Kary – what a wonderful thing to say! Thank you so much!!!

Bec – I’d be the first bride in history to send each invitee a small catalog of 200 engagement pictures…but it’s not a bad idea!

August 17, 2008 at 9:14 am
  • Reply The Jones Family

I’m kinda in favor of the Engagement Photo Catalog! 🙂 I like #5 the best- but really, it’s tough to choose a favorite. Beautiful!

August 17, 2008 at 10:23 am
  • Reply Melissa

Your pictures are gorgeous! I love #2 and #8! (And the last one.)

August 18, 2008 at 11:24 am
  • Reply Iris

Very nice pictures!

August 18, 2008 at 11:54 am
  • Reply Anonymous

These really are great! Could you devlope some of them in smaller sizes and decorate the tables with them? People could also take them home as favors so you don’t have to pick just one to share with them. Sometimes craft stores have really cheap, cute little frames!

August 23, 2008 at 12:32 pm
  • Reply thatdisneygirl

I thought about that for centerpieces, but I don’t want to be part of that couple that can’t get enough of ourselves. We’re doing a Blurb photo guest book, so we’ll be able to share them that way.

August 23, 2008 at 12:58 pm
  • Reply Anonymous

Love these photos! We took our e-pics at Disneyland.

January 5, 2010 at 12:02 am