I’m officially in the 2nd trimester as of today, which is pretty cool because we’ve never done that before. This is the time when most people start telling other people about the pregnancy, but we have a good three week head start on that one, so there isn’t much difference between today and yesterday except for the fact that I’m now in new chapters of all those preggo books.
I am relieved to say that I’m not anywhere near as tired as I have been for the last two months, but I’m still sneaking in the occasional cat nap. How lucky am I to have a job that works around my schedule? I’m not a nanny anymore, so it’s all social media and freelancing for the time being. I might be picking up one of those 8-5 jobs up at the university, because I joined the list for temps, but since I get to pick when and where I work it won’t be a pregnancy problem at all. I briefly considered looking for a “real” job to pick up more pay in a short amount of time, but it seems so dishonest to take a job when I know I’m pregnant if they think I’m going to be there for a while. Temp work is just easier right now.
My morning sickeness is almost all gone by this point. Actually, it probably is 100% gone, but it’s hard to tell because I have a stomachache at the moment. I could blame it on the baby, but it’s probably a result of all the leftover Chinese food and tater tots I had for breakfast. Bad, bad Carly. I was actually surprised to learn that I had lost two pounds between the 8-week and the 12-week doctor’s appointments because I feel like I’ve been eating like total crap. Apparently there is something to those frequent, smaller meals no matter what you’re eating.
So, now that I’m in the 2nd Tri, here are some things I’m looking forward to in the next 16 weeks:
- Putting a nursery together (so weird to think that we’re actually at that point!)
- Really thinking about what we’ll need and starting to purchase/gather items
- Breaking out the maternity clothing (I do have a baby bump, but it’s small enough that only Kyle and I really know it’s there, so I’m good for at least another month or so)
- Finding out the sex of the baby (Reeeeallly hoping for a girl here, but my boy vibes are getting stronger and stronger)
- Going to Walt Disney World without Kyle for a mini-trip at 16 weeks (ok, this has nothing to do with the pregnancy, other than that it will be fetus’s first trip to WDW…you don’t think they make souvenirs for that, do you?). I’m looking forward to this trip, but I’m looking forward to the 3rd Tri trip even more because Kyle and my brother will be coming along and we’ll be vacationing for a whole week! Hopefully I’ll still be able to do that much walking around 32 weeks…