Beauty

Preschooler Pixie Cut

Mom with the scissors strikes again!

Eva’s hair kind of drives me crazy. On the one hand it’s this beautiful, soft, golden hair with a light curl that just looks gorgeous when it’s brushed out. Unfortunately, it only lasts about five minutes brushed out (no exaggeration!) before it kind of clings together and twists and knots and gets stringy because it’s still thin baby hair. It also hangs in her eyes all the time and is constantly full of the grossest stuff. Dirt. Grease. Small pieces of food. Honestly, most of the time it is just awful.

So I cut it all off. (!!!)

Before:

IMG_3216

After:

IMG_3291

Definitely a crazy difference but it will be so nice not to comb dried oatmeal out of her hair at the end of the day. Plus, Eva is a fan. She is not afraid of change. She actually wanted me to cut her hair like Daddy’s so we almost went full Emma Watson pixie but honestly since I was wielding the scissors and didn’t really know what I was doing…well, I decided to stop before she was completely bald.

IMG_3278 IMG_3284 IMG_3325 IMG_3327 IMG_3330 IMG_3339 IMG_3352

I do need to pick up a little something to give it some texture. Any kid products you know of?

pixie-cut-before-after

• Reply Gaylin

Where were you when I was a kid and my mom gave me the worst version of pixie cuts ever!

She looks adorable and you did a wonderful job.

November 22, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Thanks! I can so see how homemade pixie cuts could go bad. This is not an easy look!!

December 4, 2014 at 11:03 am
  • Reply Bryttin

Darling!

I use dry shampoo that sprays in for some volume in Amelia’s hair. Also, just a little spray gel while it’s wet can give it a little body.

Your little Eva is quite cute with that pixie hair!

November 22, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Oh, I hadn’t thought about dry shampoo. Thanks for the tip!

December 4, 2014 at 11:02 am
  • Reply Judi

Looks adorable. I am in my 40’s and have suffered with baby fine hair all my life. I have a shorter pixie cut and I use a little Rusk product called Thick. It’s for body and texture. It’s not cheap but it lasts me months as I only need a few squirts.

November 22, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Thanks, I’ll look for it!

December 4, 2014 at 11:02 am

I loved the video of you curling Eva’s hair last week into “Princess Hair” and cringed when I saw the title of this post because I couldn’t believe you’d get rid of all that pretty hair. Eva can pull off anything though and she looks even more darling now than she ever did. Score one for being so photogenic! 😉 I would not dare cut my own hair or anyone elses, but you kind of rock at both. Kudos to Eva for embracing and rocking the change. I would’ve been mortified if I had a hair cut like that at that age or even now to be honest. I’m used to my long hair and I can’t go any shorter than my shoulders. 😛

November 26, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Thank you! Yeah, I’m lucky that she’s the adventurous type, but even she was looking pretty nervous when her hair was suddenly above her ears.

December 4, 2014 at 11:00 am