COVID19 Camp: Free Resources to Educate and Entertain Your Kids During Quarantine

If you’ve suddenly found yourself at home with kids to entertain, I actually have some good news for you. As long as you have Internet access, there are a ton of resources beyond Netflix that can keep your kids entertained and keep their brains from turning to mush before everyone returns to school.

There are lots of companies that have stepped up to offer free access to their programs during these strange times. I’m also including some resources that are always free, just in case you’ve overlooked them. And, at the very end, I’m including some ideas for screen breaks in case your family needs some offline time.

All Subjects

Math/Coding

Reading/Writing/Spelling/Grammar

History/Geography

Science/Health

Fine Arts/Culture

Preschool

Offline Activities

• Card game rules from Bicycle
  • Free printable math worksheets from Education.com
  • Simon Says, London Bridge, and Limbo
  • Poetry reading and/or read-aloud time. Sometimes when I’m doing something like cleaning the kitchen or folding laundry I have the kids read to me so we can work on pronunciation and other reading skills.
  • As volunteers die down at local animal shelters because everyone is in quarantine, you might consider giving a rescue animal a little vacation in your home so you can teach your kids about pet ownership. Most animal shelters appreciate temporary fosters because it lessens the strain, especially during a crisis. Just be sure to get an animal that has a good track record around kids and never leave kids unsupervised.

More Ideas from the Archives

• Reply Ashley

The best news I’ve read today. Thank you Carly!!!

March 13, 2020 at 4:36 pm
    • Reply Anonymous

Great for GMa!!!

March 15, 2020 at 5:08 pm
  • Reply Pablo Orduña

In Science/Health, it lists LabsLand in the main website ( https://labsland.com/en/labs ). However, the free access for COVID-19 affected schools is in: https://labsland.com/blog/en/2020/03/12/schools-and-universities-closure-support/

March 13, 2020 at 7:52 pm

Thank you!

March 14, 2020 at 12:43 pm
  • Reply Edwinta

Thanks for the positive support

March 14, 2020 at 7:13 am
  • Reply G

Appreciate the activity suggestions/info. But the title is problematic “COVID19 Camp” is not somewhere you should as an educator indicate that children are in. Children who may not or who unfortunately may have contracted the virus may not only be confused by this inappropriate title but as well this may cause anxiety in children because they may interpret that everyone who can remain at home has the virus. It is important to be clear as possible with children during this pandemic time and do all we can as educators not to contribute to the anxiety many children, as well as adults, may be feeling at this time.

March 14, 2020 at 8:25 am

I’m sorry, I’m a little confused by your comment. I think we both agree that nobody should tell their kids that they’re in a “COVID19 Camp”. The title (and blog post) is for the parents that are looking for resources for children who are suddenly home. I certainly hope that it didn’t cause you anxiety.

March 14, 2020 at 12:46 pm
  • Reply Anonymous

G ??‍♀️

March 14, 2020 at 9:23 am
  • Reply Michaela

Thanks for the list!! Sharing it with as many people as I can because I know MANY families need the support right now! ?

March 19, 2020 at 11:46 am